Thursday, February 14, 2019

Providing Healthcare Solutions through Technology

This week has been very eventful as it marks the first week of my Graphic Design Internship with a great solutions company; Altura CS (Communication Solutions). I've had a very productive week working with Larry Carlson who is the Marketing Director at Altura CS. We met on Monday to discuss all about what our goals will be throughout the 10-week internship and I also met Ruth via Skype (since she is located out of state), Ruth is the Social Media Manager for Altura CS. The purpose of this blog is to give a little bit of insight about what Altura CS does and how they play an important role in healthcare. Altura CS provides system solutions customized to fit the needs of many healthcare organizations and serve very important clients like CIO's from multiple medical centers. However Altura doesn't only focus in the healthcare industry they also serve industries like education, federal and government. Since this internship is 10 weeks long I will be focusing in the healthcare area. I believe this fits well with my background experience as I've worked for Optum RX and I am also a Licensed Insurance Agent for United Healthcare (these two companies are brands under UnitedHealth Group).

 Altura CS is a company that is partnered with Avaya and are designed to bring digital transformation to healthcare organizations whose patients are in high demand of communication via different channels like email, social media, web, IVR (Interactive Voice Response), and text. Through the help of Altura CS and Avaya many organizations are able to provide seamless, real-time/anywhere care through secure networks all while making it easily accessible and personalized for the patient. This helps organizations like clinics, urgent cares, hospitals reduce administration errors, lower wait times, and improve the quality of care. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Graphic Design. I did realize Stem offered graphic design as a field. I thought about graphic design as a major but I wasn't too sure about it, but I'm kind of bummed that I didn't pursue that career. I love the technical aspect of it; it challenges you to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a very interesting internship! It is amazing how technology is changing everyday and it seems to be making our lives easier. I think making improving the healthcare field is very important and people should be very aware and update themselves and be more educated. Marketing this to clinics and hospitals will really help people get this information more easily and without a hassle. This is a great project!

    ReplyDelete